If you can’t add a site server name to your SMS console try adding an entry to your machines hosts file located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
Also, it may help to add the servers’ domain to your machines list of DNS entries.
To do this on the Windows XP based computer that is running the SMS Administrator console, follow below steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg.exe, and then click OK.
2. Locate the Console root node, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then click My Computer.
3. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
4. In My Computer Properties, click the COM Security tab.
5. In Access Permission, click Edit Limits.
6. Click ANONYMOUS LOGON.
7. In Permission for ANONYMOUS LOGON, click Allow setting for Remote Access.
8. Click OK two times.
9. Restart your computer.